AstraZeneca Please Set The Beagles Free! This is wrong on so very many levels!
An Amateur Blogger's Tips For Creating A Better-Than-Amateur Blog.
Is Cursive Handwriting Dead?. This hit home. While the advances in technology (computers, etc.) are wonderful in many ways, the demise of the handwritten note is a sad event indeed. No one just "writes" anymore. The days of running to the mailbox knowing a handwritten note from a beloved relative or friend was waiting to … Continue reading Is Cursive Handwriting Dead?
A little over an hour ago, we were preparing dinner by lamplight, as we have every night since the hurricane that was Sandy blew through here ten days ago, when suddenly, the lights came back on. I've been so accustomed to darkness that it took a minute to realize that we actually had light. May … Continue reading Almost Normal
Well, Sandy blew through here (not literally but she may as well have) yesterday and last night. We made it through relatively unscathed. No power, but the house is still standing, thank God. Both our families are okay. A few trees went down on the property, and trees and power lines are down all over … Continue reading Aftermath
I’ll be very glad when this is all over. Fully expecting to lose power at some point over the next few days. But if that’s all that happens, I’ll be lucky indeed.
This comes from The National Weather Service:
SOME IMPORTANT NOTES…
1. IF YOU ARE BEING ASKED TO EVACUATE A COASTAL LOCATION BY STATE AND LOCAL OFFICIALS, PLEASE DO SO.
2. IF YOU ARE RELUCTANT TO EVACUATE, AND YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO RODE OUT THE ’62 STORM ON THE BARRIER ISLANDS, ASK THEM IF THEY COULD DO IT AGAIN.
3. IF YOU ARE RELUCTANT, THINK ABOUT YOUR LOVED ONES, THINK ABOUT THE EMERGENCY RESPONDERS WHO WILL BE UNABLE TO REACH YOU WHEN YOU MAKE THE PANICKED PHONE CALL TO BE RESCUED, THINK ABOUT THE RESCUE/RECOVERY TEAMS WHO WILL RESCUE YOU IF YOU ARE INJURED OR RECOVER YOUR REMAINS IF YOU DO NOT SURVIVE.
4. SANDY IS AN EXTREMELY DANGEROUS STORM. THERE WILL BE MAJOR PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURIES ARE PROBABLY UNAVOIDABLE, BUT THE GOAL IS ZERO FATALITIES.
5. IF YOU THINK THE STORM IS OVER-HYPED AND EXAGGERATED, PLEASE ERR ON THE SIDE…
View original post 13 more words
This is what I come up with on a lazy Sunday morning...
Twenty-three years later, we are STILL not listening... The world, it seems to me, has become quite deaf, if not dumb. No one appears to be listening to anyone else. We talk just to hear our own voices, turning a (nearly) deaf ear on the cries of our home - the planet earth. Which, due … Continue reading Hearing Loss (1989)
I got an IPad for Christmas last year, and, for good or bad, I use it A LOT. It's great for things like Facebook and gaming. Admittedly, Angry Birds is rapidly becoming my newest addiction. The problem for me lies in the fact that there is so much to choose from. Probably too much. I'm … Continue reading Too Much of a Good Thing?